PR and Social Media Tips for using Facebook and Twitter – Part 1
Light of Gold PR, Marketing, and Consulting, http://www.lightofgoldpr.com,
Check out our Calendar Events at http://www.lightofgoldpr.com/calendar.html!
Look for upcoming events, workshops and classes, webinars, and special promotions!
- According to Compete.com, as of January 2009 has overcome MySpace as the world’s number one social network
- Currently about 1.1 billion monthly visits a number that continues to grow
How can you start using Facebook? Here’s how:
Put together a simple and effective profile page (making sure you are descriptive and clear about what you do and what you offer
- Import your business contacts and customers by connecting to your e-mail
- Remember to join groups related to your business
- If you have a company website or blog, a press release, or a flyer, link to it and incorporate into your notes
- Put a Facebook badge on your site (check out ours at http://www.lightofgoldpr.com)
- Create a Fan Site
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY TWITTER! What is Twitter and how can I utilize it?
Twitter essentially is a micro-blogging platform (now the #3 social network, up from #22!)
- Ok, now what the heck is a “tweet”? A “tweet” is a post and update about what you’re doing. You have to be brief (140 characters or less) You can tweet advice, info about an event, press release, news, a product or service, etc.
- The number of active users has increased by 900% in the past year
- Create a complete profile with your company’s website or blog’s url (http://www.twitter.com/lightofgoldpr)
- Remember to import your contacts so that you instantly build your following
- Tweet interesting stuff, please (useful and relevant) that would make people want to follow you
- Build your followers base by following people or putting a “Follow Me on Twitter” link in your emails, business cards, website, etc.
About Light of Gold PR, Marketing, and Consulting LLC:
Light of Gold PR, Marketing, and Consulting LLC (www.lightofgoldpr.com) with offices in New York and Atlanta , specializes in Public Relations, Marketing, Promotions, Media Relations, Branding and Event Planning, Workshops, Webinars, Teleseminars, emphasizing New Media such as Webcasts, Podcasts, Social Media and Online Communities. Light of Gold PR is certified by New York City as a M/WBE, a Minority Woman-Owned Business Enterprise.
Reposted on March 22, 2009